About the Coach
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING WHAT YOU DO AND HOW DID YOU BECOME A WOMEN'S SUCCESS COACH | EXPERT | GO-TO GIRL?
It's probably best if I start from the beginning and share with you a defining moment in my life that lead me on a journey that brought me to the place where I am now empowering hundreds of women every single day through my brand umbrella.
A defining moment for me was September 11, 2011 at about 8:58am on the most beautiful day I had ever seen in my life, I was on the 33rd floor of One New York Plaza downtown Wall Street. Within minutes of starting the work day, everybody on my floor was in conference room watching “a fire” across the way and within seconds of fixing our eyes on “a fire” an airplane from my left peripheral went right and into the World Trade Center… I was the second person to the elevator and the elevator was already shut down…. The journey began down 33 flights of stairs passing a very pregnant woman on the way down- 9:20ish at ground level I remember leaning over a transistor radio in Battery Park and hearing for the first time the words “terrorists attacks” -10:00ish we attempted to walked east as a way around the mayhem in our immediate view -10:10ish a boom and a thick cloud of smoke filled the streets and suddenly it was only smoke so everyone ran south to get off the island by ferry – 10:30ish on a Ferry headed to Jersey City and 1:30ish quarantined at Newark Penn Station before traveling to central Jersey and then -home at about 4:30ish that day. The defining moment was the day after…September 12th I woke up with several questions on my heart that would forever change my life but one big question was/is “If I died yesterday, would I have any regrets?”
At that moment I made a decision to live a life of no regrets – and how I define a life with no regrets meant living a quality life – a life of meaning and purpose, a life proactively participating, a life in the driver’s seat, it meant discovering why I was here on earth and what I was created to do, it meant shifting my focus from being a surface dweller concerned with material things and status to being a quality person of substance and depth, to remove any unnecessary stressors, to make sure all areas of my life were healthy, to strive for excellence not perfection, to be who I am and embrace my authenticity.
And I didn’t stop there. Not only had I made a decision to live with no regrets, I set a powerful intention to help other women do the same – to show them how to become successful, happy and fulfilled in life.
A few years after the revelation, I started my coaching, training and development practice for women (Raise The Bar, LLC) helping them to do what I did. They didn’t like working a job they didn’t love; they didn’t like working a job that undervalued their talents; they didn’t like the idea of working just for pay; didn’t like that the jobs got in the way of their lives; they didn’t like living a lie and putting on a happy face. They would say “Dee, I’m stuck; I hate my life; I don’t like my job; I’m living a lie; I’m struggling to get through my divorce; I don’t know who I am; I’m just not happy.” They asked “Dee, how did you learn to do what you do and get paid for it; why are you so happy; how do you manage to get such great opportunities in life; how did you seem to come up like a world wind after your divorce”. The women who came to my practice wanted to be successful in life – they wanted to be happy and fulfilled – they wanted to learn how to transition from a life by default to a life by design – some wanted to find more meaning and purpose in their lives and others wanted to totally makeover their lives and so they became my clients. From that success with my nose to ground working, serving, working and serving my clients started to talk about me (good stuff J) and so my phone began to ring for speaking, television, media/press, partnerships, etc. etc.
Since then I have worked with women everywhere, spoken all over the world (as far away as West Africa), coached women on television and created two proprietary systems (The White Board Strategy™ and The Level Set System™) to help women do better, be better, live greater and go higher in life.
Today I live a quality life meaningful life and I HAVE BEEN AMAIZINGLY blessed. I believe that’s what happens as a result of my commitment to walk in my purpose and serve women through coaching, consulting, training, speaking, workshops, my community space or my prayer ministry.
It may sound crazy when I say it but it's the truth... I've been Coaching since before Facebook…. (well since before the world caught on to Facebook). I was certified in 2006 and began coaching right away. I became a “Women's Success” Coach simply by helping women get real results which then helped me get noticed by some people high places. When I first started I publish a monthly E-Newsletter/E-Zine called The "D" Factor, professional women who received it would pass it on. My business name Raise The Bar, LLC would always spark some sort of reaction or conversation and out of nowhere I got a call from Essence Magazine asking me to participate in their annual conference "Women Who Are Shaping The World". I was the only Coach out of maybe four to show up on time and deliver. It was a big score for me but a bigger score was I continued to Coach women, my business grew and every year I would get a call from Essence Magazine for the next big thing. The following year the next big thing came by way of a phone call from a television producer who said “the people over at Essence Magazine wanted us to call you and gauge your interest and availability for a television show AS THE LIFE COACH”. I got the gig and the rest is history.
WHO ARE YOUR CLIENTS
I work with professional women who are somewhat successful but unhappy, successful but unfulfilled, successful and in transition to publish that book, advance in their careers/jobs, lose the weight, go back to school, find love/reconcile marriage, restore relationships, give birth to their purpose so they can live their dreams and love their lives. I work with women to help them reduce your stress, overwhelm, frustration, save time and money.
who struggle with…
- balancing between work and life
- juggling competing priorities and demanding schedules
- a big job/career but incongruences with their home life
- over identifying with a career that often overshadows their brilliance beyond their job
- finding time to pursue their own personal goals and dreams
- pursuing meaning and purpose because they have a need for a paycheck
- overwhelm from chaos, confusion, clutter
- not living up to their full potential
- getting ahead in life/making progress
some of my clients…
- lack clarity on WHAT they really want
- lack insight on HOW go about it and
- lack time to do what they really want to do
- lack support, discipline to pursue their goals and dreams and stay the course
who would like to…
- have more balance, make more progress and better financial position – a better career position
I work with you to publish that book, get that promotion, change careers, lose the weight/get healthy, find love/reconcile marriage, restore relationship(s), give birth to your purpose, go back to school, grow your movement, step out in your call so you can live your dreams and love your life…. saving you time and money and peace of mind.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU HAVEN'T WORKED WITH PEOPLE MY FIELD?
If I haven't worked with people in your field it doesn't mean I am not able to work with you. I am a certified Coach which means over and above my innate ability, I am trained in the profession – trained in providing focus, support and structure to get you from where you are to where you want to be... the skill is sufficient and the process of coaching is proven. It works and does not require the Coach to have worked in your field. However we would determine "right fit" before starting. With every prospect there is an opportunity for me to listen to what you’d like to accomplish and determine if it’s a right fit. Click here to see what some of my clients had to say.
HOW ARE YOU DIFFERENT FROM OTHER COACHES?
What makes me different is I only coach in the areas where I have been- where I have personally walked the walk and been successful (success in corporate and success as a coach, success as international speaker, success as a Ministry Leader, success as a TV Lifestyle expert is not just my experience but my story and expertise).
In addition there are four things that make me different:
- Faith-Based: What makes me different is my practice is faith-based so if you are a believer you immediately grasp and connect with our method (because it aligns with what you believe in and that which is bullet proof). As a result you will be able to get clarity pretty quickly and make progress in a reasonable time frame.
- Leadership Experience: What makes me different is I am a Wall Street bread leader with years of experience in leadership development and training with Fortune 500 corporations. That expertise gives me a high-level perspective and arsenal of best practices from economic centers of wealth.
- Life-Skills Expertise: I have highest level of life-skills learning by experience “crisis management” and how to survive and thrive any life transition; as well as I’m the creator of “White Board Strategy” a personal crisis model for professional that came of our my personal life story of death, divorce and surviving terrorist attacks on September 11th.
- Media Contribution: What makes me different is I am a certified coach but also an subject matter expert with a robust list of contributor credits including Essence Magazine and Fox NY. That simply means that media recognized me as an expert for the work that I do coaching women. It’s one thing for me to say I’m good and it’s another thing for my clients to say I’m awesome but it’s a whole other level to consistently and over time be referred to as an expert and “Key Influencer”.
Although I have an innate ability to move people forward, I am a professionally trained and certified Coach (by an ICF recognized authority on credentialing Coaches); this means that I have invested in you by taking seriously the requisite training to further hone my skills so I can better serve you and be responsible with my gift.
WHAT TYPE OF PERSONALITY DO YOU WORK WITH BEST AND WHAT WOULD BE EXPECTED OF ME?
I work best with women on the fast track to extraordinary – they are positive women, ambitious, go-getters, aspiring game changers... committed to winning and willing to invest in themselves. Because I invest a lot in my clients, I expect my clients to give 110%. You must show up, be open to learning and do the work/take action. Working with me is not for the individual who is undecided or not yet convinced that they need and want to get serious about working with a Coach. I don't work with the individuals who are not ready to invest their time, energy and financial resources in themselves or the individual who sees more value in investing in the external things and question an investment that would impact and change their lives forever.
WHAT PROGRAMS/RESOURCES DO YOU OFFER?
Because I work with three target groups, I have programs specific to the group you most identify with. For all of my clients I have a signature group coaching program “Abundant Life” Success and Accountability Group which is foundational work no matter what your goal is it applies to all women whose goal is to be successful in all that you do. In addition, if you are (a) a professional women (high-level, high-ranking, high-profile) we have Life Planning, Life Balance and Life Crisis coaching programs and if you are (b) a woman of faith leader we have a program specifically around winning in ministry.
DOES THIS REALLY WORK?
Yes. My clients have been able to reduce stress, get out of overwhelm, save time and money and get more fulfillment out of life and finally have peace of mind because they get:
- Refocus on making yourself a priority
- Clarity what you really want in life
- Insight on what’s holding you back/blocking you
- Clarity around values which leads to increased confidence
- Accomplish your goals vs. supporting everyone else’s goals
- Move from status quo, mediocre living to the life you want
- Get more of what you want in your life and less of what you don’t want
- More life balance and a better quality of life
- Remove external obstacle/barriers
- A step-by step practical plan for starting over or starting now
- Alignment with your spiritual beliefs and more practical application
- Time and attention to focus your personal growth and building your brand
WHAT RESULTS CAN I EXPECT?
As a result of working with me you will be able to do what many of my clients have been able to accomplish like:
- publish that book
- get that promotion
- change careers
- lose weight/get healthy
- find love /restore marriage
- honor their passion
- give birth to the purpose
- launch their business
- grow their ministry
- loose weight/get healthy
- become a coach or speaker
- become a better leader
- see your unique value and differentiate yourself
HOW QUICKLY CAN I EXPECT RESULTS?
Everything is a process and certainly your results are largely dependent upon how much you put in to the assignments provided. My clients however start to see results in a reasonable time frame… some immediately have the clarity and others track results a little further out. The results will be based on some mile markers we will identify to track your progress over time.
HOW CAN I GUARANTEE MYSELF THAT I WILL ACCOMPLISH MY GOAL?
Show up and do the work. You must be focused and committed - to be committed means you will do whatever it takes to get what you want. Understand this is a process but your guarantee is in your action and tracking your "successes" along the way. As the Coach I don’t do the work for you but I am certainly there with you.
WILL I RECOVER THE INVESTMENT I PUT INTO THIS COACHING PROGRAM?
The work that I do as a Coach is life changing therefore it's darn near impossible to attach a price tag to transforming your life. I mean it’s your LIFE so I’m not sure you can put a price tag on what your life or life change is worth. That said whatever you invest won’t match up with the life changing results. My services are not COST it is an INVESTMENT. You are investing in YOU -your goals, dreams and your ideal life. The investment will get you the focus, support and structure to help you get from where you are to where you want to be- to go after your dreams, accomplish your goals, and see your ideal life come to fruition. So the best I can tell you is …you will recover the investment because whatever the investment is YOU ARE WORTH IT. If you change your life for the better and do more than you would have done on your own, aren’t you worth it?
Dee, BASED ON EVERYTHING I'VE READ AND HEARD ABOUT YOU, I KNOW YOU'RE THE ONE I WANT TO WORK WITH. WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS FOR GETTINNG STARTED WITH YOU?
First identify which one of my client profiles you most resonate with and that will point to the most appropriate program best for you.
OK, I KNOW WHICH PROGRAM I WANT. HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Are you Heidi, a high-level, high-ranking, high-profile professional woman?
- Are you Faith, a woman of faith leader- Ministry Leaders, Minister, Associate Pastor, Pastor?
- Are you Willa, a women of faith with
IF I'M NOT SURE I'M READY TO GET STARTED, HOW CAN I SAMPLE YOUR WORK TO SEE IF IT'S THE RIGHT SOLUTIONS FOR ME?
- Take a look at what others are saying… go the home page and review the testimonials of women I’ve worked with…
- You can also test a one-on-one session with me via telephone or in person, just click here to book your session and my assistant will email you within 24 business hours to schedule your session.
- Join my mailing list and watch out for when I’m speaking in your city and come check me out.
- Whatever you decide you should also connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and LinkedIn @DeeCMarshall
OK I'M READY TO DO THIS FOR MYSELF, BUT I HAVE A FEW ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS. CAN I CALL YOU?